Monday, October 02, 2006

stupid kids...

Yesterday my soccer game went ok. We tied 3-3. I played ok, but I wasn't feeling too great because I have a cold. I am feeling a bit better todyay though, so that is good.

There was a very interesting incident at the end of school today... there was a boy in my new tutor group (that's home room and CAPP, and yes, now I have a home room and have to teach CAPP) that was waiting to come into class outside of the door - this was during lunch so I was in the staff room. Anyway, there were several other students throwing things at him and laughing, etc. Normally a very nice student, he got very angry with the others, and his friends were just standing there and watching. So, he punched a window of my classroom, and broke it. My first day with a tutor group, and one of them breaks a window. Perfect. I expect it will mostly be the others that will get into trouble though and not him. I said to him, 'well, punching a window may not have been the best option in your position, but at least you didn't punch a face.'

On a brighter note, I had my first students in for detention today at lunch, and she wouldn't stop crying. Maybe she won't misbehave in class anymore if my detentions make her so upset.

Just so that everyone knows, if someone asks us something in the comments part, we usually answer with a comment in the same part. I don't know if anyone checks the comments or what, so I just thought I'd say.

5 Comments:

At 6:50 p.m., October 02, 2006, Blogger John said...

I love it - on a brighter not you had a student in detention. How exactly was that bright for either one of you?

 
At 6:50 p.m., October 02, 2006, Blogger John said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:52 p.m., October 02, 2006, Blogger John said...

note*

 
At 5:27 a.m., October 03, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah yes, the enjoyable part of teaching....lol.

Are you hving fun in any of your classes?
Soccor sounds like great fun...

On the brighter side you get a break soon! Enjoy!

Good book: Laws of Leadership by John Maxwell... Wish I had read it at your age... good stuff.

Love ya, dad

 
At 9:25 a.m., October 03, 2006, Blogger the both of us said...

Some of my classes are ok, but I seem to spend a lot of time clasroom managing, and that is my least favorite part about teaching.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home