Monday, September 25, 2006

Soccer fun

The game yesterday was pretty fun. We lost, but nearly. It was 3-2, and it really should have been 2-2. I played sweeper - for those of you that don't know, sweeper is the last defence-man before the goalie. In the first half we scored first, but then I apparently hand-balled it in the crease and they got a penalty shot making it 1-1. I didn't hand-ball it unfortunately, but the ref is always right. The second half we scored first again, then they tied it up. In the last 3 minutes of the game, they managed to get another goal. Damn. I got to play for the whole game though. They all said that I did a good job, even though I thought I played really poorly. Oh well, I guess when I actually play like I can, then they'll think I'm really good!

1 Comments:

At 3:19 p.m., September 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They sound like a great bunch, willing to let you try... when yoou are at your best, they will be astounded!

Having fun is what it is all about anyway. Was this against the other team you tried out for?

I attended a workshop yesterday by
Dan Millman, auther of "The Peaceful Warrior." Great stuff, a $100 value for free (because our
KCPL helped to host it.

Our little band is getting ready to play for the food bank fund raiser in the Rotary Art Centre... on Friday.

WEll, on to the day... and all those little urchins.

Love, Dad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home