Saturday, September 30, 2006

Visitors soon!

Ahh, the weekend again. How very nice. Last week wasn't too hectic, thankfully. I had a very full day on Monday and Tuesday, but the week slowed down very nicely for me, and Thursday and Friday were pretty good days. The students seemed to be really excited to get started on rehearsals on Monday, so that's good! I am too.

On fridays, the staff plays football (soccer) against come of the older students, and I join in and play. It's pretty fun. Yesterday, however, no students could make it, so it was just staff there. We played a staff vs staff game instead, which I think I liked more than playing the students. I am, as usual, the only girl to play, but I think I hold my own pretty well. It's really good practice too.

Last night we went out with some of my friends from work as it was this one girl's birthday. We went for a drink and then out to dinner. It was really nice, we went for Indian food - my fav!! It was actually a restaurant that my friend, Michelle, and her boyfriend, Christian, had taken us to a couple weeks ago, and we really liked it then. In fact, we got take out a few nights later. So this was our third time eating there actually. We decided to try something new, and I got something called Chicken Tikka Akash. It was the best Indian food dish I have ever had. And for those of you that know about me and my Indian food, that is definitely saying something.

Further on the exciting news front, Pete is coming to visit us very soon - as I'm sure you've read - and we are going to Scotland. To add to people coming to visit though, we just found out that Lisa and Andrew have booked their tickets to come and see us for two weeks over Christmas!! YAY!! We are both very excited to see some familiar faces over here!

3 Comments:

At 4:53 p.m., September 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI Honey:

All your news sounds so upbeat... I would love to go to Scotland with you... very dear to my yearnings for something to do before my life is gone...

That's neat to have everyone figuring out when they are coming... hope we can figure something out for at least one of us.

Soccer and musicals... quite a combination.. enjoy.

Dax is better, but she keeps licking her injury and won't were the collar provided... Monday the shunt comes out and Friday the stitches... It ws quite a wound requiring surgery.

The other cats are settling in quite nicely... although Link and Lan have a love - hate relationship. Link comes in to the den and curls up on Lan's lap. Lans a sucker for cuddling and loves it. They talk a lot. Em, or Emmers as Lan calls her is comfortable just about anywhere in the hourse now and roams a lot and talks, of course, very loudly.

Dax is stuck in t he bedroom for a while and seems to like it. Getting her antibiotics twice a day in her food proved to be easier than we thought.

I am off to my first ministerial class... all day today. I am being prepared for a title of
Chaplin... somethinmg I quite suited for because of my hospice experience.

Tonight our 8 piece band is playing for the food bank down at the Rotary Center for 4 hours... dance and entertainment.

The 20 voice choir is singing for a Hospice fund raiser next weekend, and of course, on Sundays...Growing and doing fine.

That's most of my news. Love, Dad

 
At 5:52 p.m., September 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad to year you had a better week. Bound to have some good ones. It's great to look forward to people coming to visit. Don't forget I need Pete's phone #. You have some many exciting things to do and see over there. I am glad you are getting to experience it.

This morning I heard some weird banging and was looking around to see where it was coming from. Seemed to be coming from the bathroom. I went in there and couldn't see anything, but then the baning started up again from inside the closed cupboard under the sink. I opened the door and there was Link inside the cupboard trying to open the cat nip in the tuperware container. how can he smell it when it is in tupperware and inside a cupboard, and he can open cupboard doors. Little scamp. Dax came out of the bedroom for a while and Link was really nice to her - nosing up to her for a few seconds without being aggressive. I think he knows she is sick. Now if I could just get him to stay off the table, cupboards, piano, etc........ etc.....etc.... For a smart cat he doesn't seem to get that message.
Have a fun weekend. Love you both.
MMYT

 
At 7:02 p.m., September 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Troe and Adam.
It's so nice to be abl to keep in touch this way. Sounds like you are beginning to get used to those "wild English people" over there. Wish I could be going with you on your trip to Scotland. You will really enjoy that, I'm sure.

Grandpa and I are both keeping prety well for a couple of old guys. We sure look forward to hearing from you and the first thins we do every morning is open up your "blog" for news of you two.

Have fun, enjoy yourselves, and we send you lots of love and hugs and blessings as always.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home