Saturday, September 23, 2006

Yay Weekend!

Yay, Saturday finally. A day without the students. Yes, four weeks to go until half term break. Now I know why there are so many more breaks over here, the teachers need them!

On Thursday one of the PE teachers gave me a number for a new soccer team, since the other one seemed to have not worked out. I called the number and turns out their practice was on that night, so I went. It was so much better than the first team. Everyone was so nice and it was much more relaxed. I joined the team too. It was more of a 'come and see what you think of us' attitude, rather than a 'come and we'll see what we think of you' type thing. I even got a team jacket! We have a game tomorrow which I am going to. I may not get to play though. You know how when you watch pro football (soccer) on TV and they are only allowed 3 subs? Well, apparently every team is like that here. Weird. So I may or may not get to play, we'll see. I am going, but I am also a little nervous cause I found out that we are actually playing the other team that I went to the practice of last week. Yikes! Well, their second string anyway.

4 Comments:

At 5:28 p.m., September 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have fun! It is great to be able to get that kind of excercise doing something you enjoy.

Maybe you never realized how much teachers counted the days as well as students...

How did Adam's day at school go?

Does he work Saturdays?

Band practice, then I am making a presentation to Hospice students... questions and answers, etc...

Lan's garaging with Ang...

Grandma and grandpa are looking into movin into a home where they do not have to make meals... Ang's hands are very arthritic and Dad cann't see well enough to take care of her and make meals... I think it is a good idea... tThey miss you, as do we.. Love, dad

 
At 5:28 p.m., September 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have fun! It is great to be able to get that kind of excercise doing something you enjoy.

Maybe you never realized how much teachers counted the days as well as students...

How did Adam's day at school go?

Does he work Saturdays?

Band practice, then I am making a presentation to Hospice students... questions and answers, etc...

Lan's garaging with Ang...

Grandma and grandpa are looking into movin into a home where they do not have to make meals... Ang's hands are very arthritic and Dad cann't see well enough to take care of her and make meals... I think it is a good idea... tThey miss you, as do we.. Love, dad

 
At 7:44 p.m., September 24, 2006, Blogger John said...

Ok, so here's the plan for dealing with problem children in the style of a play!

Enter Troë and Adam into the drama studio.
Troë: Everybody, I would like to introduce you to Mr Collier.
Adam: Hello everyone.
Troë: Mr Collier is my husband, but he's not a teacher, so if you misbehave in my class, he WILL beat nine shades of shit out of you, before you leave for lunch. Adam and Troë grin sarcastically.
Adam: Makes punching motions.
Children: Stunned silence.
Troë: Are we sitting comfortably? Then we'll begin...

 
At 4:16 p.m., September 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey sweethearts,
sounds like your soccer game was fun. glad you have found a team to play on.
I liked John's comments - good idea. (what a great sense of humor - or as you brits put it humour).
Beautiful fall weather we are having here, but as it gets closer to thanksgiving (2 weeks from today) I miss you more. Ingrid and Chuck are probably going out of town, so it will be pretty small this year - just grandma and grandpa, ed, kath, elsie, sarah, me and dad but I guess 8 is a good number. hope you have a really good week this week.
Love and hugs and love and hugs
mmytxxx000xxx000xxx000xxx00xxx000

ps - don't forget to send me Pete's phone number.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home