Tuesday, September 19, 2006

We're off to see the Wizard

Auditions went really well. We've pretty much got the whole thing cast now, just have to figure out the bit parts. I think that it's going to be really good, but I've never done a musical before, so naturally I'm a bit nervous. There's four teacher's working on it, one music, one dance, one for producing, and me directing. The show will be on Feb. 27, 28 and Mar. 1, so if you're in the area...

Soccer on Thursday didn't happen. Apparently there was some miscomunication between me and the girl that was supposed to pick me up. Oh darn, I missed the beep test. I think I am supposed to be going today, but I'm not sure exactly because the coach was supposed to call me last night with some details, but he didn't - I'm not sure I'll want to go again if I don't get to go tonight. That's ok though cause one of the PE teachers here said they know a bunch of teams and could probably find one for me.

I did play soccer with the staff against the senior students on Friday last week, that was fun. I got drafted (or maybe kicked off, hehe) to the students team before we started - me and another new teacher anyway - because there weren't enough students. It was still really fun. I even knocked down one of my supervisors, and everyone watching was pretty shocked! I was the only girl playing too.

Students are getting a bit better. Some just don't bother to show up, which is actually better because then they don't disrupt the class. I have kicked out several kids from class though. Two yesterday and probably 4 on Friday. None today though, so that's good.

I guess I'll go get back to work though. I have four more kids coming at lunch to audition for me, and then I can finish the cast list.

6 Comments:

At 3:42 p.m., September 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you Troe. Seems like you're having fun some of the time, any way. How does Adam lke his job? We watch every day for your mesages, but I now knowhow busy you must both be, so don't expect one all the time. It's just so exciting for us to be able to keep in touvh like this.
Good luck sweetheart. Our thoughts and prayers are with you both.

 
At 3:47 p.m., September 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE SIGNED. GUESS I DIDN'T DO SOMETHING CORRECTLY. I'LL TRY AGAIN.

 
At 12:32 a.m., September 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Honey: Lan says she fell asleep at the assigned call time...she was very sad...

Sounds like Adam is settling into his job... and gets to come home for lunch... not bad!

I know you'll find the right soccor team for you... you really are in the country of soccer.

The musical sounds off on a good foot... and you've got so much help. The director, drama teacher tends to be not only the director, but the facilitator. There really is no formal position called that, but everyone will come to you for suggestions, tools, instructions, etc.... it's a great position... You get to put it all together... enjoy.

Hope you have good strong leads... everything else will take care of itself, well sort of.

How about costumres? Makeup? State manager? Any body taking notes?

I love you sweety, I miss the action. Love, Dad

I am glad you have been able to let some of those who need to to go... Do you have good admistrative support? Makes all the difference...

 
At 1:12 a.m., September 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey honey, sorry I missed calling you today. I stubbed my toe really hard (think I broke it) and the trauma of the whole thing made me require a wee nap, and I slept when I should have been calling you. Sorry to wake you up. will catch you on the weekend.
Sounds like the play is coming along,and you will be really busy and have lots to do. good luck with it.
Love you heaps,
MMYT

 
At 1:43 p.m., September 20, 2006, Blogger Clay said...

You'll be fine. It's just like a play--only more. Just as you wouldn't design the costumes yourself, you don't have to design the singing or dancing.

Have fun!

 
At 3:23 p.m., September 20, 2006, Blogger the both of us said...

Thanks Clay.
I have to design the set soon, and I am not sure what to do for that either. I think I'll be ok once I actually sit down and hash it out, but there's so many different places thay have to be, and a continuous road too. Dad or Clay, or anyone, do you have any ideas of how to do a 'yellow brick road' on a proscenium stage? I hate back drops, but I will obviously use them if I have to. Any other ideas?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home