Thursday, September 21, 2006

Why does no one write to us?

Today was really 'rubish', as people here would say. The kids were really quite 'naughty'. I still find it funny when teachers and students use that word, but it is always used to describe poor behaviour. 'Have I been naughty, miss?', 'He's been really naughty', etc. Anyway, today really sucked, behaviour-wise for students. I only had three classes today, but that was really enough.
Adam came to school today though, that was kind of cool, but I didn't really see him a lot during the day cause our schedules were so different. He was volunteering in the math department, and I think he had an interesting day all together.
I suppose I don't have a whole lot of new exiting things to say, plus I am just really 'nackered' today. I hope everyone is doing well, and I miss you all so much! We haven't really found a cheep calling card yet, so in the mean time, call us!! I would love to hear some voices. Or if you don't want to call, then post a comment or e-mail us. It's really nice when we hear some kind of communication from back home.
Russ - how's your masters degree going?
Kev - found a job yet? and Kim - how was Niagra falls?
Heino - sorry I texted you at a weird time the other day. Adam has started reading that series that you say is better than Song of Ice and Fire, and I will probably read it after him.
Chris - have you got the b-day card we sent you yet?
Sarah A - what did you think of the stuff I sent? Did you get my phone messages?
Sarah T - how's life in Merrit?
Andrew and Lisa - haha. Sanya drunk. Sounds like a good time.

and to everyone, how is life in general?

11 Comments:

At 3:46 a.m., September 22, 2006, Blogger Clay said...

Keep the faith. Tomorrow will look brighter.

 
At 5:11 a.m., September 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Honey...

Well, there are days like that...naughty, an interesting word... no matter what you call it, bad behavior is bad behavior. Today I saw a 20 yr. old in the grocery store who asked how I was doing... and reminded me he had given me such a bad time... and apologized! I guess they do mature eventually.
What does your rehearsal schedule look like for "Wizard"? And do you have a happy cast? I suppose there are always hurt feelings.
Where are all your friends who haven't written you yet?
We miss you too.
We are getting a calling card!
Otherwise, it is about 50c a minute. Collect calls are $6.00 a minute! incredible.

We are hosting a dinner for Alannah's boss and wife tomorrow night...

I think is great for Adam to come to school like that...

Love, Dad

 
At 6:00 a.m., September 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey my sweet kid. sounds like you had not a great day. I guess the bad ones make the goods ones feel all the better (maybe?).
I started my new job on Wed. Seems like it will be interesting. I work again tomorrow at the new job, which is a bit of a problem as I had planned a dinner party for tomorrow night, which means I have spent the night tonight cooking. Oh well.
Wish you and Adam were having dinner with us, too. that would be great.
Speaking of naughty - have you met Link. the little bugger. he really is quite a smart cat, though. His latest trick is trying to open the cupboards in the kitchen. What a cat. He drives me crazy, then head buts me and snuggles and you can't help but like the little naughty moggie.
Little Emmer is great. I call her Mrs. Emmerson (which, of course, she loves).
Try not to get too lonely. You are totally loved and I think about you both every day (lots every day).
Got our first phone bill. The collect call was ........$46.00 yikes!! The other calls weren't too bad. I guess it's quite expensive because you have a cell instead of a land line. Anyway, will get a calling card and who cares anyway, I'll still call on you Tuesdays.
Have a wonderful weekend. We are just going to bed now, and you are just getting up. Weird how that works every day. Anyway, I say a little prayer for you both every night when I get into bed and I know you are getting up.
Miss you both, and love you both.
MMYT

 
At 7:17 p.m., September 22, 2006, Blogger John said...

Recalcitrant, now that's a good synonym for naughty. Three weeks down - four until half term? You're loving it really.

Hope Adam had a good day in school, and that work's still ok.

Speak to you both soon!

 
At 6:46 a.m., September 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What do you MEAN, no one writes to you?? Mannnn. I am like so much vegan chopped liver...

dude, if it were up to Andrew, you'd never get a letter.

Oh, that reminds me, we're putting together a care package for you, to get to you with all this mail we've been getting for you!

 
At 1:19 p.m., September 23, 2006, Blogger the both of us said...

I knew someone who actually does write would say 'what do you mean, no one?' anyway, yes I know you write and I very much love to hear from you guys. I can't wait for the care package! Miracle Whip???? Just kidding. They don't have that here though and I miss my tangy zip on my sandwiches. mmmmm...

 
At 2:43 p.m., September 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOWDY FROM UNCLE CHUCK , SEEMS LIKE YOU ARE HAVING FUN EXCEPT FOR THE "STUDENTS" NOW YOU KNOW !!!
KEEP IT UP ADAM , HAVE FUN .
CHUCK

 
At 7:20 a.m., September 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really they don't have Miralce Whip there? Do they just use normal Mayo or something else completly different?

 
At 6:16 p.m., September 26, 2006, Blogger adam said...

instead of miracle whip they use 'salad dressing', which is just a thick mayonaise. apparently the British put it on their salads and not hteir sandwiches.

 
At 12:29 a.m., September 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Guys!
I was afraid to email you guys because I didn't want to bother you. I figured you'd be super busy and not have time and only want postings on the blog! Well, I guess I know now. I will email. I also am going to the mall this weekend to see if there are any good deals for calling cards to the UK. Now that I finally have a day off. I also got after Kevin for never posting or anything! Men! Sheesh! hehehehe j/k Troe I will email all about everything going on here, including the trip to Niagara Falls! Talk to you soon. Miss you guys!!!
luv, Kim

 
At 12:37 a.m., September 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kevin enjoys being a house bitch and will probably remain in this highly paid and satisfying position until the end of time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home