Monday, October 02, 2006

Comics

Having had the day off yesterday, I decided to take a trip into Poole to revisit the comic shop that we discovered with John a few weeks ago. Troe had a soccer game, which gave me free reign to geek-out.

The store was sweet (as I have previously mentioned). I picked up the last couple of issues of Astonishing X-Men and Batman, as well the new issue of Y-the Last Man and Justice League of America, and the double-sized 100th issue of Ultimate Spiderman.

For those of you who don't know, comics usually have both the Canadian and American selling prices printed right on the cover. The usualy do not, however, print the prices for other countries. So, over here the comics don't have UK prices on them and stores seem to be able to charge whatever they want. I was worries that this situation would suck for me, but as the store in Poole simply charges £2 an issue for most regular North American comics. This is comparible to Canadian prices, and maybe even a bit of a deal for me.

Also, the guy who runs the store offers a 10% discount to people who have regular accounts at his store. This is common with a lot of comic shops. I talked to the guy at the store about it, and his system is much more customer friendly compared to what I've encountered in the past. I can call him at anytime to add or drop a title from my pull list. And if I'm interested in something new everyone is talking about, he'll let me start buying that at discount price too. No minimums number of titles or required advance notice.

So I set up an account buying Astonishing, Batman, Fables, Y, and JLA on a monthly basis. Even though I bought the newest Ultimate Spiderman, I'm unsure about continuing to collect all of the Ultimate books on a monthly basis; so I didn't ask for those. The guy at the shop was really nice and gave me the account discount on my purchases that day.

1 Comments:

At 9:18 p.m., October 03, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, does that ever sound ideal for you! Lucky find.

Dad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home