Thursday, October 05, 2006

Wish I had a long weekend too!

This is getting to be really hard. I can deal with kids that are rude, some that tell me to 'f- off' or call me a bitch or whatever. I think the hardest thing to deal with is when the whole class (pretty much) ignores me when I am trying to teach a lesson. It seems that I could be giving out diamond rings for all they care, and it's really tiring sometimes.

We watched a film last night called 'In the Cut' with Mark Ruffalo (sp?) and Meg Ryan, it was a really strange movie. The story line was ok, but the characters seemed to do and say things that I found really unrealisitc, so I didn't really like it.

I am really looking forward to the weekend cause we are going to this disco dance thing on the Bournemouth pier, so that should be fun. We are also having a couple people over for Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday. Don't ask me where they are going to sit, we haven't figured that one out yet.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

3 Comments:

At 6:54 p.m., October 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey sweetheart,
So sorry your kids are giving you such a rough time. it's their loss for not paying attention - they don't get to learn all the great stuff you have to teach. after this year, working anywhere else should be almost a piece of cake. Oh well, it's almost the weekend, and then in 2 weeks, you get a week off, and then its almost Christmas, and you'll get a little more time off. I guess there is a reason they offered you a bonus if you stayed (how long was it you had to stay?).

Dax healing well. Everyone here fine.

Pete was over the other day to take a few pix of the cats (and me and dad). I guess you'll see them when he arrives.

wish you were here for Thanksgiving this weekend. Won't be the same without you. Will eat a turkey sandwich (with miracle whip) in your honour. (sorry...couldn't resist putting that in)
Love and hugs to you both
mmyt

 
At 8:48 p.m., October 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Honey...
Wow, you are getting the worst right away...Had a few classes like that, but only a few in forty years... I guess kids in Canada are better behaved... Yours sound downright inner city...

Just keep doing your best... its more than they deserve, but you can always say you did your best...

Have a good weekend.. Thinking about you, always.
My band and choir are singing and playing for Hospice Saturday night as part of a fund raiser... They are wonderful people and musicians.

You must be really looking forward to your break! Have fun with Pete.
Love, Dad

 
At 12:08 a.m., October 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Troe and Adam

Sorry you're having such difficulties with those little monsters. Think how nice Canadian kids will seem though when you get back home again'

We shall miss you this weekend, but hope you enjoy your dinner with friends.

Keep up the good work kids -- you're doing swell. Love you lots.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home