Thursday, October 12, 2006

So...

So... tonight we have some parents night thing at school. No, it isn't a parent-teacher conference, it's a induction night of sorts. We are suppose to run workshops or something like that so that parents of prospect students can come see how, ehem, wonderful our school is and send their kids here next year. I have to say I feel a little odd about hyping a school that I wouldn't send my kids to in a million years. Oh well, I just plan to answer any questions as honestly as I can, while not saying anything bad about the school - in other words, be vague. It's just too bad this thing had to land on a Thursday, now I have to miss soccer practice.


So... I am so jealous of John and TA going to all those movies every week. Movies here are soooo expensive. It costs £7.50 - which makes it about $15.00 - for each of us. Yikes! As such, we have been reluctant to go to the cinema yet. If you have a certain type of mobile phone, Wednesday is two for one.... we don't have this type. Time to make some friends...


So... Adam and I are having a games night this weekend! That's right, our first overseas games night! We don't have our large library of games to choose from like back at home, but we did bring a few. And then there's always a new group to try '4 on the couch' with!! Only, I'm not sure 4 people would actually fit on our couch. Hrumph.

8 Comments:

At 5:22 p.m., October 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tro...

Wow...t4aching is such mixed... well, a break coming soon. Maybe you'll get a chance to see where these kids come from... let us know.

Games night aat the Colliers! You always do make that interesting.

Bournemith has a symphony orchestra. I just heard a Mozart selection by an orchestra by Bournmith Symphony Orchestra.. if all else fails.

Lani will no doubt get this soon.. she is on her computer all day at work... Alkinstals.

Have fun this weekend.. We are still having the most gorgeous weather... rain coming this weekend though. Love ya, Dad

 
At 6:17 p.m., October 12, 2006, Blogger John said...

2 for 1 Orange Wednesday's is great! We went to see Children of Men last night. I'll get around to blogging about it later!

Ooh, and Mum goes to see the Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra when it is on tour in Exeter. They are very good!

 
At 8:20 p.m., October 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All you have to do is ask around the staff to see if they have an orange phone, and get them to forward the text to you. Or give you the code off of it. Because that is what the cinemas ask for.

 
At 11:56 a.m., October 13, 2006, Blogger the both of us said...

I'm really sorry if I just can't remember right now, but who are you, flik?

 
At 5:27 p.m., October 13, 2006, Blogger John said...

Flik (Flick or Felicity) - you met her at my house Troë, she's my couisn! (I know - she is very forgettable! - lol.)

 
At 9:32 p.m., October 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ta for that John..

 
At 10:23 p.m., October 13, 2006, Blogger T-A said...

Ooo I didnt think of that (the forwarding a message thing!) Guys, let me know when you'd like to go (I need to know like 24 hours in advance!) and i can get the text on my mums phone and forward it on to you! Well done Flik for that inspired thought!

 
At 2:54 p.m., October 14, 2006, Blogger adam said...

we remember you cousin john - she was the crazy person that didn't want to eat any meat during the delicious raost dinner.

and thanks t-a.

we'll be taking you up on that offer for sure. we've been going through a bout of movie withdrawl.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home