Thursday, October 19, 2006

So nackered!

Last night I had a soccer match in Portsmouth - which is more than an hour's drive away. I went straight from work to the club to meet the girls for the bus. Kick off was at about 7:45 and I didn't get home until midnight. We lost the game, but it was probably the best we've played yet, the team is finally beginning to work together like it should. The first half was crap, but the second half we all really pulled it together, and we won the second half at least 1-0 (score ended up 1-4). If only we had played like that all game, we would have won. Oh well, hopefully we can keep it together for next time. I am absolutely exhausted now though. I can barely keep my eyes open at work today.

Only one and a half days left.

Pete gets into Bournemouth today around noon. Adam only works half a day today, so he's going to go meet him. John is coming in tomorrow, and then on Saturday we leave for Scotland! Exciting!

3 Comments:

At 4:16 p.m., October 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear nackered,
Just got into work, and am realizing you only have Friday left before your week off. You are going to have a blast. Say hi to Scotland for me!
I am a little nackered myself today. My new job has me on my feet most of the day which I am not used to, then it was off to tap, and then I had to make a treat for work, as it was my week to make the treat. Finally had supper around 9:00. Not has late as you, but then there's my age to consider.
Hope you can post while in Scotland. Am dying to hear all about it. Have a great time and I hope you really enjoy your week off - you both deserve it.
Love and hugs
MMYT

 
At 4:50 p.m., October 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi soccer star:
Sounds like soccer is going well inspite of the loss...but no fun to spend the day tired!
One more day in the count down! Say hello to Pete and John, and of course, Adam.
Did you see Pete's pictures yet... We miss you... so do the cats.
A Link story: Yesterday I came into our bedroomand Link had head butted the window screen and was
sitting on the ledge under the pulled shade. She heard me and bolted to the floor and ran out. I closed the window and a few minutes later she came running back in and jumped for the window, bonked her head on the now closed glass and fell to the floor... she ran away, but tried it again about five minutes later with the same results... She is also asserting herself as the Alpha cat...
Have a great break and like you mom says, tell us all about it. (Pictures?) Love, Dad

 
At 6:34 p.m., October 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Troe, Kathy thanks you for the B'day card. Glad to see you kicking some Brit butt{sort of}.We finished watching the Firfly series it was excellent. We lent it to Sarah {with permission}so she is enjoying it now. A little cool today so we have the fire going, using Biofuel so as not to contribute to the green house gases. Give our best to Adam and say hi to John if ypu see him. Love Ed

 

Post a Comment

<< Home