Thursday, September 07, 2006

The streak continues.

I had an interview this morning with Beales. Beales is a large-format department store, very similar to the Bay in Canada. The store I applied at is quite large - six stories. They are hiring for a number of positions.

I dropped off my c.v. - stands for ciriculum vitae (what the Brits call a resumè) - and filled out the extensive application form yesterday around noon. I applied for a full-time position in the housewares department. They called me about an interview only a few hours later, which we arranged to be for this morning at 10:30. I was quite confident before and during the interview, as I have extensive retail experience. Besides that, I've never interviewed for a position I didn't get.

The interview went amazingly, as expected. I was showed around the housewares department briefly by that department's manager and then her and a lady from human resources asked me typical interview questions for half an hour. Not even ten minutes after I left the store, the human resources lady called to offer me the job.

6 Comments:

At 12:48 p.m., September 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jammy git - congratulations!

 
At 3:14 p.m., September 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet! Good job, Adam!

And it's HOUSEWARES! Troe and I could walk through there for hours!!!!

 
At 3:54 p.m., September 07, 2006, Blogger the both of us said...

yay honey!!!!

 
At 5:05 p.m., September 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cheeky, cheeky. They know a good thing when they see it.
Congrats. Do you get a discount for those all important Christmas gifts?
Love you,
MMYT

 
At 8:33 p.m., September 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go! Think big get big... Well done...Dad from Troe's side...

 
At 8:27 p.m., September 08, 2006, Blogger Clay said...

Bravo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home