Thursday, September 07, 2006

Students of England

Well, I have only had one class (i'll have a full day tomorrow), so I can't really say on average how the students are here yet. But so far, it's about the same as Canada, but they are on the more challenging end at this school - that's for sure.
I had some lippy kids in the hall when I was on monitor duty at break time and before and after school. Some are like 'wow, I like your accent' one was like, 'stupid accent', and few asked me if I was from Australia. Some were just doing stuff cause they knew they could get away with it because I didn't know their names yet. But that always happens at a new place. I had a year 8 class today - which is our equivalent to grade 7. They are the youngest grade at this school. It was really just the usual start, talking to their friends when I was talking, that kind of thing. But they seemed to enjoy the games and intro stuff that I did with them. What was most annoying is that I have a central classroom, so there is a lot of barging in to say hi to friends and knocking on the door and running away. Again, it's only because I don't know their names yet and so they can get away with it unfortunately. I think I will develop some great classroom management skills this year though.
Tomorrow I have four classes, so I'll get a better idea of how things will go.

5 Comments:

At 4:35 p.m., September 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Honey:
Well,sounds about right... Just be yourself... they will love you. The best discipline and managerial skill is the respect you build... and you have already started that.... Have a great day tomorrow...

Love, Dad

 
At 5:07 p.m., September 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey sweetie,
Got your hands full by the sounds of things. I know you won't have too much of problem, and dito with what dad said.
Love you and miss you.
MMYT

 
At 1:34 a.m., September 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

New news - I GOT THE JOB!!!!!! I am really pleased. I will be working 4 days a week (2 at the new office and 2 at arkinstall's until Arkinstall retires) and then will work only at the new job, 2 days one week, 3 days the next week (job sharing). Of course, I have to talk to Karin about it (because I am now working there 3 days a week, and will be cutting down to 2) . Am a little nervous about talking to Karin, and am a little nervous and excited about the new job but hey, good for me!!!
Love, love, love and hugs.
Tomorrow I head to Naramata, so you won't hear from me for a couple of days. Have a great weekend.
I love you both.
MMYT

 
At 10:34 a.m., September 08, 2006, Blogger Carter said...

It is so interesting reading about Troe's school experiences as I am experiencing another country's school system as well. I think the Japanese school system is much more different than England's and Canada's though. :) The general theme of my posts are shock and awe. :)

 
At 3:17 p.m., September 08, 2006, Blogger the both of us said...

Congratulations mom! That's really great! I can't wait to hear all about it. I am sure that Karin will be happy for you, so you shouldn't worry about talking to her that much. Talk to you soon, and have a good weekend. Call anytime!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home