Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Second day and third

I am in the middle of the third day at the moment. I have to say, not a lot has happened since the first day, only more learning about the system and everything like that. I have had no classes as of yet, nor do I until tomorrow when I have only 1. The students are all at welcome meetings and assemblies and such, so I basically have time to plan and to clean my classroom, which is quite the mess actually.

I think this year will be a very good experience. I am heading up several things (because I am basically being treated as head of the drama department, even if that's not my official title until after Christmas). I am directing a play, which I didn't choose, but I am happy with it - The Wizard of Oz. This is to be presented in late Feb or early Mar. The school is also building a new drama studio and I will be going to the meetings for the plans of it and all that, and I think I may even have some input into the design! Too bad this school isn't in BC cause it would be a really great place to 'set up shop' as I am already head of the department, and I'm getting my very own studio! Don't worry though, even all that has not swayed Adam and I to stay any longer than a year.

John is coming to visit us on Friday for the weekend, so that will be nice. I think Adam is actually getting sick of me singing the little silly songs I get into my head cause we have about 150 CDs that we brought, but no CD player yet. Soon, soon. Also, I got an e-mail from Tiff that she'll be in the area soon. So, I'm not sure when, but I think we'll be seeing her soon as well!

3 Comments:

At 4:39 p.m., September 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds really cool. What a wonderful opportunity for you.
Give my love to John and tell him I hope he comes this way again.
Love and hugs to all
MMYT

 
At 4:56 p.m., September 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a note to say congratulations. What a rare and neat opportunity. I had a chance to help design two such spaces... one music and one drama over a forty year period... and after a lot more experience. And to have your own studio... wow. Have a great year. I'm interested in what the kids are like... you'll know soon enough...
You are doing something I always wanted to do so I am living this through you.
The Wizard of Oz... Odd they should choose such an American Icon. Maybe they would like something like Grease...
I,m glad you have your singing background... and your choir work... Let me know it all.... Love, Dad

 
At 8:33 p.m., September 06, 2006, Blogger T-A said...

Hey guys! Hope job/job search is going well. My jobs ok, boring at the minute but hopefully will improve after trainging week next week.
I am sending Juicy Fruit supplies up with John (since I lost your address!)
Anyway, have fun! x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home