Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Starting the Countdown

Today I quit my job.

This probably isn't too much of a surprise for all of you that have been following along on the blog, but not everyone here at Beales has been so informed. I'm been trying to decide the best time to let them know; I want to give them adequate time to find a replacement, but I also only started this position in January, and I don't want it to feel like I'm quitting right after I've started. (Which I am, I guess)

Ironically no one important is even at work today, so I have no idea what everyone's reaction will be. There wasn't even anybody in the Human Resources Department for me to quit to; I had to slip my letter of resignation under the door. My supervisor - Jean - is the one I most want to let know about leaving, but I don't work with her again for almost two weeks. Our days off keep missing each other. I have tomorrow off (randomly) so I guess I'll have to wait until Thursday to find out.

On a different note, "The Illusionist" has finally been released in the cinema over here so we're thinking about seeing that tomorrow for Orange 2-for-1 Wednesday (maybe, please, TA?). The last movie we saw int he theatre was "Babel" and we weren't amazed so we've held off seeing some movies the last few weeks. Hopefully tomorrow's outing will go well.

2 Comments:

At 7:30 p.m., March 06, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Adam... Step one.
When will be your last day...etc.

I thought it was Troe at first, but you come up red ink, so I knew before I read very far... good luck with all that.

You always inspire me to go see a movie... I want to see Dream Girls... Lani already has and raves.

24 was good again last night... it just gets more and more gripping.

Survivor is getting more intense. Even Donald Trump has moments of interest..

See you soon... Your Dad om law... Dick

 
At 4:15 p.m., March 08, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Adam, Beales is really going to miss you, I'm sure, but I'll bet you are feeling good about the countdown to returning back to Canada. I know I am looking forward to it. It was good you found a job you didn't mind so quickly, though.
Love to both of you, and I miss you loads,
MMMYT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home