Wednesday, January 31, 2007

No more Nachos?!?!?!

John came to visit for the weekend, which was really nice. We spent most of the time relaxing, playing a few games, and watching a few movies. We also went out to eat a couple times - one of which was to the mexican restaurant that we went to before that had the mocha nachos that I raved and raved about. (They are so tasty). WELL... apparently, they change their dessert menu every so often, and they don't have them anymore!!! AHH!! But, I did get the recipe from the waitress, so we'll see if I can make them at home, and then you can all try them sometime. MMMMMMMMmmmmmm.
So far this week I have been at the boys school again. Probably not as bad as Rossmore. I keep talking to people, teachers and such at the different schools. We usually start talking about why I am in England, etc, do I like teaching here, etc. Well, once they find out that I am not too keen on teaching here, they almost all seem to say 'oh, well, don't judge on this school, this isn't a good school.' Well, if everyone is saying that about every school I've been to, which schools am I supposed to judge on then? Hmm...

3 Comments:

At 6:31 p.m., January 31, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Troe: thanks for your letter. I admire your journey. Just think about this... nothing in Canada could be that bad! At least it wasn't for me.

I'm curious how these nachos could taste so good. If you learn how to bake them, then we'll all know..
Another reason for you to hurry home.

Maybe, at your request, the resturant will reinstate the nachos.

Cold here, but not too bad... no new snow. Vancouver is once again drench in rain...

I want to play games, too, so hurry home. Love to you both, Dad

 
At 7:38 p.m., February 01, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hEY SWEETIE, the nachos sound interesting! Maybe the teachers there are talking about the private schools (although I think they're called public schools there aren't they?). There is bound to be a few good schools don't you think.
Glad they are keeping you busy, anway. Anyway, it is now february 1st so only 2 more months, and that will go fast (february is short, too), then in april you will be traveling around by train (I am assuming) and seeing the sites).
By the way, make sure you save july 7th for a trip to Kelowna (Dusti and Paul will be getting married that day). they are having the wedding in Mike and Sandy's garden. Anyway, keep it open.
Ed, Kath and Sarah are off to Van. tomorrow to try and get a speeded up pastport for Sarah. I guess the line waits are 6 hours long, so I hope they get in on Friday, otherwise it will be a wasted trip. Now that you need a pastport to get into the states, everyone wants one - they knew it was coming, but too many waited until the last minute I guess.
Oh well, hope she's able to get one.
Have a great weekend. I love you both loads.
MMYT

 
At 11:53 a.m., February 03, 2007, Blogger Psychedelic Kitten said...

Nachos as a dessert??? Why have I never heard of this before?! Please can you post the recipe - it sounds delicious! Mexican food + dessert = Probably the solely greatest food on the planet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home