Saturday, February 03, 2007

Another Week Over...

It is now offically February, and the dreary month of January is finally behind us.

I just finished my first week at my new position in the Beales Cash Office. The job is so incredibly better than what I was doing before. My work days are longer - I'm now working ten hour days - but the day seems to pass much faster. The job is a combination of tender collation and data entry. I'm enjoying the actual work itself and that seems to be making quite a difference. Also, my new co-workers are fun and easy to get along with, which is somewhat surprising as I am mainly working with a lady in her sixties (who has worked for Beales since the 60s).
My position switch occured over last weekend, and somehow I lucked into getting Saturday, Sunday and Monday off without having to request that. I was shocked. More surprising, though, was that miraculously I was giving the same three days off again this weekend. So, now we get to spend whole days together again which is nice.

Troë is still hanging in there with her teaching, but I think it really starting to wear on her. This week seemed to be especially hard. She has four days already booked at a new school next week, though, and after that she'll only need to teach for eleven more days to get her bonus.

We went and saw the new Will Smith movie - "The Pursuit of Happyness" - on Wednesday night. It's been a while since we've seen a movie in the theatre (mainly because there hasn't been anything really amazing to go see over here) and I think that it was a pleasant break in the middle of the work week. The movie itself was quite enjoyable. It was hardly the least predictable movie I've ever seen, but I was expecting that. The characters are written really well and acted beautifully. The movie impacted me more than I was expecting it too - but in a good way. Definitely a movie worth watching for anyone who has even been down on their luck.

2 Comments:

At 7:46 p.m., February 03, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Adam... thanks for your notes, and congratulations! It sounds like a great promotion and a nice way to experience your last few months in England.

Not long now for Troe and her bonus. Not the best experience in the world, but I don't think it will call her back.

Cold weather here, again... but no new snow for a while. Just cold.

All is well here and waiting for you. Love you both, Dad

 
At 12:51 a.m., February 05, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey cutie,
Nice to hear you like your new position. Bonus! Too bad things aren't as good for Troe. I am glad you can have your weekends together, that's kind of nice.
Missing you both lots, and can't wait until you are home again on Canadian soil.
Love and hugs to you both,
mmyt

 

Post a Comment

<< Home