Saturday, February 10, 2007

What's Up?

It seems that taking this promotion at work was the best idea I've had in a long time. I have to work fewer days, but I get paid more. The work is so much easier and much more enjoyable. I have internet access to exploit so I've finally caught up with my online e-mail/blog readings. So far I've had nothing but 3-day long weekends, and now they're going to pay me to take a week off and so Troë and I can go to London. It's almost a shame that I'm going to be quitting next month. (Almost.)



We went and saw another movie this week. (Thanks again T.A.) This time we watched "Babel". It's the new Brad Pitt and Cate Blancet movie, but it really shouldn't be refered to as that. The movie follows the lives on four different families living in four completely different regions of the world (California, Mexico, Morocco, and Japan). The movie was completely character driven. There is amlost no action at all in the movie, but you don't really notice because the characters draw you in. We enjoyed the movie, but we've also seen much better lately. Personally I enjoyed both "the Departed" and "Little Miss Sunshine" much better.


Other than the movie, we spent a lot of our free time this week trying to catch up with our North American television favorites. (We are so lame sometimes it's almost embarrasing.) This week watched what Britain claims is "all new episodes" of "Numb3rs", "The O.C.", "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation", and "E.R.". (Click on the show titles to see just how behind we really are.)


Also, I got a call from my Aunt and cousin Beth last night. It was great to hear from them, even if it does make me that extra little bit homesick.

6 Comments:

At 4:20 p.m., February 10, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Adam, thanks for your blog... You are getting a little ahead of us watching movies, but the tv series 24 has been fantastic. We also like Survivor We are homesick for the both of you as well. You'll be seeing Sarah soon, give her a hug from us..
Dick, er Dad, er friend...

 
At 5:04 a.m., February 11, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey guys!

How can it be mid-February already? This is too odd, seriously. I need it to slow down a little.

Hey, we got a dog! Her name is chloe and she's a rescue. When we told Andrew's parents her name, his dad went "chloe, chloe, why is that so familiar?" and we said "uh... probably because you know our friend TROE". Hee!

Here's a picture of her:

Chloe

Anyway, it's nice to hear from you guys. I think you're getting less comments nowadays, eh? I think because folks know you'll be home "soon". Let us know when you're getting in, so we can see if we can pick you up...

 
At 11:04 a.m., February 12, 2007, Blogger adam said...

Chloe is adorable. Thnaks for the picture link.

How is she getting along with the cats? (Or should I ask how Bear and Penelope are getting along with her?)

Our posts are less frequent now too probably because we know that we're coming home "soon".

 
At 4:06 p.m., February 13, 2007, Blogger troë said...

awwww! She is so cute! Hope she is getting along with the cats too! Can't wait to meet her!

 
At 4:23 p.m., February 15, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute dog. She looks like she will is (or will be) quite big.

 
At 3:34 p.m., February 17, 2007, Blogger T-A said...

No worries on the texts! We went to see Babel this week as I am sure John has told you...not impressed. It could have been a good movie but for me is didnt hit the mark. Oh well, it balances out - we've seen some really REALLY good movies and some not so good!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home