Thursday, February 15, 2007

A few new happenings

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Adam and I didn't really do anything that special. Just a nice dinner at home and relaxing together in front of the television. So pretty much a normal evening. Except, we did get each other gifts. I got Adam a new pair of jeans cause he's always complaining that his don't fit him properly. He got me a game which I have been looking for since we came over here! It's called 'Atlantis'. He found it on ebay. It's really cool! Heinrich introduced me to the game ages ago, and I knew he got it in England, so I was looking for it in all the second hand stores we went in (since we found out they don't make it anymore). We'll have to all play when we get back. I just have to remember/figure out how to play now because all the instructions it came with are in German!

So last week I was placed into an all girls school (which just happens to be right next to the boys school I was at a little while ago). Anyway, they need a new PE teacher because one of theirs just up and left last week for no reason. So, I went in to cover until they found someone to replace (or at least until the half term break, which started today for that school). But, they liked me, I guess, even though PE isn't really my main subject area. So, they asked me to stay as long as I could - which is until the end of the term (end of March). It's not a terrible school, so I agreed cause now I don't have to worry about being on call and everything. Kind of funny though cause the school's called Glenmoor.

Recently, Adam and I have been turned on to a new site called Facebook. We both created accounts there. It's actually a pretty cool site, and Chris is right, kind of addictive. I am currently in the process of adding all of our photos from our trip so far to the site. It allows us to do that way more easily that this site does. Only problem with that site is that you have to have an account and be one of my 'friends' to view the pictures. But if any of you are dying to see more pictures from our trip, then you can feel free to make an account and add me as a friend. (I think you can just search for my name to do so)

4 Comments:

At 4:33 p.m., February 15, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey honey - Happy Valentine's day to you guys as well - I guess it more like happy post valentine's day.
Your new job sounds great. I am glad you will be at the same place - takes all the wonder and worry out and you can plan your budget better when you know how much you will be working (at least that is better for those anal people like myself). We had a quiet Valentine's as well. I went to tap and dad went to his band/choir practice. I guess the romance is gone!!!. I did get some lovely flowers, though.
Some sad news - Clay lost his mother the other day. Dad phoned them yesterday, and they are doing okay but have a lot of things to take care of I guess.
Other than that, not much news. Dad has my flu/cold bug and is very husky voiced. Must have been all that smooching!
Everything good here. the weather is finally above 0 most of the time and it really is stating to feel like spring may be just around the corner - and then, yeah, garage saling. Am looking forward to that. Also looking forward to my spring jaunt to Naramata for the harp workshop. this year Sharlene Wallace is the instructor, and am really looking forward to meeting her and learing some new stuff. Her CD's are wonderful.
Speaking of CD's - I am looking for some stuff by Acoustic Alchemy (the one I have heard is called positive thinking). Anyway, if you are in one of your second hand stores and come across it, think of me and let me know. I guess they have more than one CD, and I know they are easier to get anywhere else other than Kelowna where the CD selection is abysmal. (sp?). they need to have a spell checker on here!
Glad you are enjoying your new job, Adam. Things seem to be looking up a bit for you both.
Missing you terribly - you'd think it would get easier, but it doesn't. Can't wait until you get home (even though I will be in naramata that weekend).
Talk to you this weekend.
Love and hugs,
MMYT

 
At 5:02 p.m., February 15, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I Troe: Happy Valentines day... Nice to hear from you. As you mom said, Clay's mother died this week. I wrote to Adam's e-mail address...
Let us know when Sarah arrives... i know you'll have a great time...
Congratulations on the more permanent position, you'll do great as always. And it will give you something a litle more cerain for the next six weeks... Way to go... Also it will look good on the ol resume. be sure to get a letter. Love Dad

 
At 4:09 a.m., February 18, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's day to you both as well...or as Lana said ...post Valentine's day....we also had a quiet time...although I did find a box of valentine cards that were Harley Davidson...whole box of 32 for 99 cents. Dad was pleased as punch...told him that's great, cause now I have a card for the next 31 years. The weather has indeed been getting better...today is Saturday, spent a few hours in yard racking, then walked downtown. Met dad at Bean Scene...I too am looking forward to garage sales..even Curtis asked when they would be starting. Soon it will be time to put bike on road...yeah, and soon you will be home..YEAH !!! love to you both

 
At 7:09 a.m., November 11, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home