Friday, March 02, 2007

4 Weeks and counting!

Well, there are 4 more weeks until we are out of our flat and pretty much leaving for our train trip! (Though we will probably go to John's for a few days first). We are getting really excited! We also found out recently that we can buy extra luggage for the plane home ahead of time for pretty cheap, so we actually don't need to ship anything back! We are just going to have a lot of stuff when we arrive back in Vancouver on the 3rd of May. Also, there are just 2 weeks until my cousin, Sarah comes to visit, which I am equally excited for!

Work has been ok for both of us. The girls school is pretty good - nothing like back home, mind you, but better than anywhere else I've been over here. I am actually looking for jobs in the lower mainland for September now, I have to send off my applications pretty quick. the Vancouver school board is stupid though because I can't actually apply for specific postions because they only post them in the office there, and well, I'm obviously not there! So I have to apply for on call, and I'm also applying for other districts (like Coquitlam, which is easier). Where we will living when we get back will probably rely heavily on where I find a job.

Thank god it's the weekend now though, I have been really exhausted this week for some reason. Well, we stayed up pretty late on Wednesday going to see my former school's production of 'The Wizard of Oz'. I have to say I was quite disapointed. I was finding it difficult when I was there because no one realized how heavily the play depended on scenery or props. Now, I am all for minimalist sets, but with this show, I don't think it works at all. This was proven to me on Wednesday where there was pretty much no set and almost all the props were mimed. It was ok in the first act, but they kind of took it too far in the second act. Background was set by a projector and let's just say I thought the rocky mountain with a hut on top of it picture that looked like it was taken in Mexico somewhere was not exactly the most awe inspiring view as 'the Emerald City'. Ouch. Oh well, I don't have to take credit for it, in fact a lot of ideas that I had started and got others started on were taken out.

Well, that's about all that's new around here. I look forward to seeing everyone in exactly 2 months!

2 Comments:

At 9:30 p.m., March 02, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetie: thanks for the update.
We are so looking forward to your return... and it seems soon. When you left, it felt like it would be a long time... and now...
Good like on the job line...you are right to go for the sub list, and then look elsewhere when you get here. Your past experience in Vancouver should help.
You might consider getting a Vancouver paper sent to you... or we could. All jobs have to be advertized. You could set up a series of interviews based on the week you get back. Most jobs are being advertized now, or soon.
Weekend papers of the best.
Sorry to hear about "Wizard". It is always hard to see someone else's rendition of something you though so much about. I know you would have done a much better job.
All is learnin experience. I am proud of you for going to see it. I am sure kids missed you.
I'm sure subbing means centrally located, for Adam as well going to school and all. When you know where your job will be, it will be easier to pick as you said.
I think coming back will be much easier than going...
Paula is coming next week for a week. We are looking forward to that visit.
Also, Lani is now full time over at Dr. Bacali. She will not be going back to Arkinstals any more...yesterday was the last day there...however, she has two weeks off right now because te Bacalis are in Hawaii for two weeks.
Hurry home.... Love, Dad

 
At 9:08 p.m., March 04, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey sweetie,
As I told you on the phone, Dad is incorrect, I am still at Arkinstall's ofc. on Thurs. and the rest at Bakala's. Wish that I could be retired and taking music and art classes and going to the gym - now that would be living. Oh well.
Took grandma shopping at Super Store today. I just remembered I forgot to get your juicy fruit. I must remember before Sarah heads over. We are going to grandma's for supper tonight - salmon, yum.
things are going okay here. Lillian, Donna and I got hired for a "harp gig". They will pay us 100. for playing background for an hour and a half at a Lion's due of some sort in peachland. I'm not really crazy for the idea, but I guess it's a start. You know me and performing, though - yikes - scary. You must have got your dad's genes in that regard.
I am so excited you will be home before to long - and spiring will be here, and we can go shopping and garage saling, play games and cards, hug, sit and talk, etc., etc. Can't wait. I seems like you have been gone forever.
Well, I am going to practice my harp. Lots of songs to brush up on for peachland, and also the Okanagan Harp ensemble (about 10 or 11 ladies) are performing 3 times in May, so I had better get my fingers working. Still struggling to read the notes which drives me nuts. sometimes playing by ear isn't such a great thing. I do have about 30 songs memorized, but it's nice to have the music in front of you to refer to, and of course, because I am still so bad at reading music, I never know where to look on the page of music. Oh well, the battle continues.
Love you both very much. Miss you both very much. Take care of each other,
love mmyt

 

Post a Comment

<< Home