Thursday, August 31, 2006

One Last night at the Hostel

Well, we almost got to move into our flat today...
Unfortunately, everything here depends on everything else. We couldn't move into the flat until they confirmed that I had a job. The job needed to meet me in person and have me sign things before it was totally 'official', and it needed me to have a UK bank account. Luckily, the first day here, Adam and I went to a bank to try to set up an account, but they had no open appointments until this morning! So, we went in today and set up an account. I immediately called the teaching agency to give the account number and make things final and 'official' there. Then, they had to fill out these forms and fax them back to the housing agency. Yay! We can move into our flat... except... the girl that Adam and I have been dealing with at the agency apparently only worked until noon today, and so we can't sign everything over and get keys until tomorrow now. What a pain in the arse!

On a lighter note, we walked all the way to my new school today to check things out. On the way, we stopped off at our flat, just to look longingly at the outside of it, of course. Still there. Good. We also stopped off for our first taste of real British fish and chips. Very tastey. The school is really huge. (Almost as big as John's house - which, by the way, is only half a duplex!) I think I could get lost quite easily in the school. There are so many corridoors that lead one way or another. But, we did manage to find the drama studio, which is really big. Yay!

Then, we walked home, well, back to the hostel for one last night. Sigh. Not before stopping at an H & M store though! (By the way, about three blocks from our flat!!!) If you didn't know, H&M is a wonderful clothing store that I discovered in San Fran back in March and absolutely loved it! (Remember me telling you about it, mom?) The clothing is very decently priced, and very trendy too. (I may have gotten a certain cousin who's birthday is next week a present or two there.) Kim, you'll definately love it, I'm taking you there when you come to visit! Don't worry, Kevin, they sell men's clothes too.

Well, I suppose that's all that's new for now. We do have an address, as of tomorrow, so if you didn't get the email and would like the address, just e-mail us or post a comment on the blog. And if you are thinking about sending a care package or anything, PLEASE SEND JUICY FRUIT!!!! LOTS AND LOTS OF JUICY FRUIT!!!

7 Comments:

At 4:33 p.m., August 31, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Guys,

That is a totally big PANTS situation! How frustrating. I hope the annoying Czech girls have moved on from the hostel now....

I can't believe you haven't located Juicy fruit yet Troë, we definately do have it here somewhere! How far is the walk from your flat to the school? - It looked a bit of a long way on the map!

Anyway, good luck moving in - I expect you'll be forming a queue of 2 outside the housing agency tomorrow at 9am!

x

 
At 4:59 p.m., August 31, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*definitely

 
At 10:18 p.m., August 31, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kids.... I've done the banking and talked to you twice since my last blog.... things are almost there. How close is your flat to school? Will you be able to walk?

Juicy fruit, eh? Did you get my e-mail?

Going to get Allanah....Love ya both.... Bye, Dad

 
At 2:26 a.m., September 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What, no juicy fruit??? Aaagh that's awful!!

I have the awfullest cold EVER. It sucks big time.

Oh yes, and I got to do the check out for 209 and the checkout/checkin for 316 today. It was the longest hour of my life. Oh GOD.

 
At 2:03 p.m., September 01, 2006, Blogger T-A said...

Hey Troe - I'll nab your address of john as, in my possession, i have a whole BOX of Juicy Fruit gum for you!! ('Aquired' from the confectionary rep at work - shh!!) You should be in your flat by now, at last. Hope things all go smoothly from now. Good luck for next week, me & Clare will be thinking of you when we start our new jobs on Monday too!
TA x

 
At 1:52 p.m., September 02, 2006, Blogger Clay said...

Gum preference duly noted.

 
At 7:10 p.m., September 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Troe!
Can't wait to go shopping! Maybe I should pack a suitcase inside a suitcase! Lol.....Shhhh, don't tell Kevin! Kev and I are unpacked and settled back into the apartment, I didn't know he had so much crap out there! We had to ship 4 boxes, not including the ones we took on the plane. I reminded him that he was only gone a year and you and Adam managed to pack for England in two bags each! hehehe Needless to say, we were over the weight limit in one box, the box with his textbooks in it. Kev is still job hunting, so Troe it looks like for now, we each have our very own "house husbands". Though I must admit it's very nice to have dinner pretty will ready when I get home from work. Well, not a lot more new with us out here. I think Kevin will post pics of our trip to Niagara falls and stuff on his blog. You should get an email when it's been updated. By the way, calling card is on my shopping list for my next day off! We miss you!!!!
Kim

 

Post a Comment

<< Home