Monday, August 28, 2006

So that's what everyone was talking about when they say 'Don't eat out at a restaurant'!

Yesterday was a bit more relaxing than the previous two days. We went out for lunch with two of John's friends, Clare and Teri-Ann, for lunch. It was for Clare's birthday.

We went to this place in Exeter called 'The Jack in the Green'. It was quite a nice place, though it was expensive. It was pretty much 'normal' according to the three of them, but Adam and I had our jaws dropped as each plate was £18.50 (which in Canadian dollers is about $40!). It came with two courses, so you could have an appetizer and a main dish, or a main dish and a dessert. Adam had an appetizer, I had a dessert, and we shared them so we could try more. Everything was really good, and there were also several side dishes that everything came with that everyone shared. John was really mean though and wouldn't let me and Adam pay, so we'll have to get back at him somehow.

Afterwards we drove the two girls home, but stopped to jump on Teri-Ann's trampoline. John was the peak of athleticism.

I don't think that we have anything really planned for today either, but we are heading back to Bournemouth tomorrow as I have a meeting in Southampton (which is near to there) on Wednesday.

9 Comments:

At 4:55 p.m., August 28, 2006, Blogger T-A said...

I can honestly say that altho 20 quid a head isn't excessive for a restaurant meal its not regular for us to pay that much with it not including more drinks!! But the Jack is a REALLY good restaurant!
Anyways Clare & I really enjoyed meeting you and hopefully we'll meet again soon.

 
At 5:00 p.m., August 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second that opinion! Good luck for your move guys!

 
At 6:07 p.m., August 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi you2: I guess the only solution is don't eat! Sounds like you've been having fun and meeting new people... new friends. Keep it cooming, we realy enjoy hearing from you. Love, Dad

 
At 7:52 p.m., August 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eating out is really cheap in Canada - I remember that in South Africa it was more expensive to go out and eat - it was definately for a more special occasion than I've experienced in Canada. But here I guess most people can survive without decent cooking skills...

 
At 11:09 p.m., August 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe stick to the pubs, or make your own picnic lunches I guess. Can't believe how much it was compared to here. Went out for lunch with Auntie Paula a few times and it was only about 25.00 each (fancy place with wine included).
Anyway, good luck with your meeting (interview) or whatever it is. Have fun moving into your new place. Let me know if you want me to send food!
Love, love, love
MMYT

 
At 3:23 p.m., August 29, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Guys,

By now you should have made it safely to Bournemouth from Exeter, and I hope the wait wasn't too boring. I just wanted to say how great it was having you both to stay with us, I really enjoyed it, and I had a great time. I hope that you did too. I'm already looking forward to seeing you again soon. Good luck with the moving in on Thursday, and eat some plums - you know you want to!

 
At 7:33 p.m., August 29, 2006, Blogger Clay said...

Hi, guys! Caran and I are wildly jealous of your adventures and very much look forward to following the travelogue.

Best wishes!

 
At 4:01 p.m., August 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey you two. Hope all is going well. Do you get into your new place soon. Look forward to hearing from you soon.
Love and hugs to both of you.
MMYT

 
At 1:52 a.m., August 31, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My moms friend went to that Lumiere place in Van, and for her and one other person it cost about $400.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home