Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Decisions, decisions

The weekend was good. A much needed weekend. On Saturday we had a few people over for dinner. It was nice. We had a bunch of finger food. Almost all of my recipes had to be tweaked in some way though, which kind of sucked, and I thought the food suffered as a result, but everyone else seemed to enjoy it. To my Vancouver friends, you are not going to believe this but... spinich dip is yet another thing that I cannot seem to find. Unfortunately, I didn't leave myself enough time to make it from scratch either, so it had to substituted for humus. Also good, but just not the same. No good salad dressings for dip either (aka, no ranch), nothing for Russ' stuffed tortilla wraps either. Even the danish puff didn't seem to cook properly - though I think that's just my oven being stupid, not the ingredients. Oh well, in the end it was still fairly successful. I think I'll have to get some British recipes though to go with the British groceries that are available here. Oh, and none of the people I had over had ever heard of Devil'd eggs!

On another note, thank you all for your comments and support. I came back into school this week after taking Monday off. I really needed it. Unfortunately, I came back to a trashed room and some things stolen from my desk. After thinking about it all last week, and after everyone's advice, talking it over with several of you, and with Adam, I have come to a decision. It was a difficult decision to make, but at the end of the day, I have to do what is best for me. I do not think I will be continuing at Rossmore after Christmas. Again, it was a difficult decision as I do like aspects of the job, like the production, which will not be finished by then. But if you know me, then you know that the rest of this place has to be pretty aweful if I would leave in the middle of a production because those are what I live for. But I simply cannot continue here. I have spoken to the supply teaching agency and I should not have a problem getting continual supply work in the spring. We may come home a couple months early, but we have not decided that yet. Will keep you all posted.

6 Comments:

At 4:36 p.m., November 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it means anything, I think you made the right decision. I mean, really really.

 
At 4:56 p.m., November 21, 2006, Blogger T-A said...

hi troe just wanted to say dont feel bad about deciding to move on from Rossmore. I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason so you may find that in the new year you land a dream post. Is there the option to relocate to a different part of the UK?
As for the food/recipes theres plenty out there and you can have fun experimenting with new things.

Keep your chin up and looking forward to seeing you both again round New Year.

TA

 
At 7:09 p.m., November 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If being at Rossmore makes you unhappy, and you dont have to stay, I dont see why you should. There must be hundreds of teaching posts that you can take up that you will love. Good luck in whatever you choose to do. Flik

 
At 8:44 p.m., November 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Honey... thanks for your thoughts... A decision comes after a lot of considerations, and you have done that. I'm not sure I could have lasted this long!
You have my support and we will do everything we can to make your next steps possible...We are here for you....Love, Dad

 
At 4:16 a.m., November 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Troe and Adam
I think you're doing the right thing. honey. Grandpa and I were worried about you. Why do they let kids get away with stuff like that? They should be expelled from school. Any way, glad you had a fun weekend. By the way. I've got an old English recipe book from the war years. You'll get a kick out of that when you get home.

Take care honey. You are both in our thoughts and prayers. '

 
At 4:18 p.m., November 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Troe,
I know how much of a non-quitter you are, so if you feel you have to quit, I know it must be really bad there. You just do what you have to do. Your health and happiness are more important than some dumb ass job.It's their loss!
Hope things are bearable until Christmas for you (only 3 or 3 1/2 weeks left now). Don't beat yourself up about it, though, okay.

The thought you might come home a few months early is a very pleasant thought for me, as I have missed you so much, so that part of it I am really excited about. I know you have decided yet, and don't let me influence you at all, but yipee.
Hang in there babe, not long till Christmas. Am behind you 100% and then some.
Love and hugs to you both
mmyt

 

Post a Comment

<< Home